Saturday, May 23, 2009

Liberty and Tyranny - get it, read it!

If you get a chance to pick up and read Mark Levin's book, Liberty and Tyranny, do it! In fact, whatever you're doing right now is not that important (or you wouldn't be reading my blog), so as soon as you're finished with this, go get Levin's book and read it. In fact, snatch a few extra copies and give them to your friends and family. (Here's the audio version, if you want that one instead.)

I picked up Liberty and Tyranny a few weeks ago, after it was recommended to me several times by a few people. After I got it, I left it on my desk for a few days until I finished a few other projects. Eventually, I decided that I would give it a shot - when i did, I couldn't put it down!

Here's a summary of his book, taken from the inside flap, ". . . in a series of powerful essays, Levin lays out how conservatives can counter the liberal corrosion that has filtered into every timely issue affecting our daily lives, from the economy to health care, global warming, immigration, and more--and illustrates how change, as seen through the conservative lens, is always prudent and always an enhancement to individual freedom."

I especially benefited from Chapter 3 (On Faith and the Founding), Chapter 7 (On the Welfare State) and Chapter 8 (On Enviro-Statism). Each of these chapters confirmed several of my convictions and upturned a few others.

Anyway, every person (liberal and conservative) would do himself a great service if he would get a copy, read and discuss Levin's book with others.

If you do, please let me know what you think.

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment