Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday's Random Thoughts

  • FPC band rocked today! One of the best sets I've heard - incredible! From the opening song to the last note - I wouldn't have changed a thing - I would have just made it longer.
  • We've packed almost 1,000 hygiene kits for Ecuador - giving them out in the prison and schools of Ecuador in less than two weeks - can't wait!
  • Our new website for FPC is looking good - some new features that you're gonna love.
  • The Ecuador Family BBQ was a success - I ate too much - way too much - but let's not talk about that anymore, ok?
  • Ok, one more thing about the BBQ - Emil Verde's "Girdle Busting" dessert was off the chain delicious - even though I don't wear one - it busted by girdle wide open!!
  • Our new series planned for August is going to be FUN, FUN, FUN!
  • I'm sad about MJ - he died way too young - his creativity and talent was peerless.
  • We've got some plans to expand the outreach abilities of FPC - let's do it - what are we waiting for??
  • I'm going to speak to a group of women prisoners in Ecuador - what do I say to encourage them? I cannot begin to understand the pressure those women are under - God give me the words to say.
  • I'm loving www.babelwith.me - check it out - those guys at Lifechurch.tv know what they are doing.
  • Reading through Dallas Willard's book, Knowing Christ Today - great book!! - I wish that I would have read it two years ago - of course the book just came out a couple of months ago - I guess that would have been cool, though, huh?
  • You know, every time I go to Ecuador I am reminded of a quote that I read from Wes Stafford (Compassion International) - "You can't out give the poor". So true, they always give us more than we ever give them - why is that??
  • I'm sitting on my deck while my kids play in pool - what a beautiful night and what a beautiful life - it passes so, so quickly.
  • Still trying to determine what I want to be when I grow up - trust me, I've got a lot of growing up to do.
  • If my life ended today - like it has this week for Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays and countless others - would I be happy with where I've been, what I've I accomplished and most importantly, who I am?
  • The older I get and more road that is behind me the larger God becomes to me - He is closer than our next breath, yet so many of us live as if He is sitting on some distant star.
  • I have to be honest - my prayers are getting shorter and shorter - it seems like the more I talk to Him, the more I miss what He has to say to me - AND HIS VOICE IS REALLY THE ONLY VOICE THAT MATTERS!
  • Again, as always, I love my beautiful, talented and passionate wife with a love that I wish every man could experience - I am a lucky man!!
  • Why do we have to sleep, there's just so much to do.
  • I love you.
  • Let's do it all over again, starting tomorrow - what do you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment