Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday's Random Thoughts

  • Today was great! Even though Summer is here and kids are out of school, attendance was good, people were engaged and I had a blast.
  • I loved Bob and April's opening song - "Life is Beautiful" (I think that's the name) - really good.
  • The lighting was great too - super job Britney!
  • I am absolutely amazed at how well our Children's Ministry Team decorated FPC for Crocodile Dock - Lana and I are always impressed with those who pull VBS off every year - we wouldn't trade any of you for a year's supply of Muddy's coffee - or at least Lana wouldn't - I would consider it, sorry.
  • I'm looking forward to the Wave conference in Virginia Beach this coming August - you need to go with us - call our office, if you're interested.
  • The upcoming student trip to Asheville looks incredible - great job T.J.!
  • Thanks Shelly S., Wendy B. and Pam P. for making our kiosk so helpful every Sunday morning for our guests and members - I'm so glad for what you do.
  • Thin crust pizza is the best!
  • VBS every night this week - 6:30 - 9:00 - it will be amazing to see and feel all the energy in the rooms throughout FPC - we love it when it is full!!
  • Still reading Missional Renaissance - it is challenging everything I do - great read!
  • I'm looking forward to our Staff meeting on Tuesday - I love serving along side of Bob, Michele, T.J. and Kate - I am blessed so much to have these people as my friends and team members.
  • I enjoyed bringing the first part of White Space this morning - that one concept - it is ALL BY FAITH rocked my world years ago - I pray it ROCKS YOURS TOO!
  • I liked my new podium - did you notice?
  • I hated my headset mic in the 10 a.m. service - did you notice?
  • We learned a new word this morning - skubala. Trust me, it happens.
  • Personally, I think there is a lot of skubala going on in too many churches across our country - what say you?
  • I'm tired.
  • My kids are excited about school being out - sorry, but I'm not that excited yet.
  • Ecuador is right around the corner - did you know that our team has already packed over 100,000 pills for our medical team - that is incredible!!
  • I love you.
  • I'm brainstorming again - look out staff.
  • My wife is a great leader - she knows what to do, how to do it and does it with a great attitude - I saw that again on Saturday - I have learned so much from her.
  • I can't believe I am the father of Evan, Ashlyn and Camryn - sometimes I'm overwhelmed by the thought.
  • We're redesigning our website - it's looking good.
  • We're getting a new logo - it looks slick.
  • I love doing life with FPC.
  • We need more room - to reach more people - to change more lives - to partner with more people - to expand God's kingdom - agree?
  • Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment