Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Night Thoughts

  • Great Sunday! Thanks to everyone who made today successful. Even though a lot of people were out due to sickness, the Women's Beach Retreat and weekend getaways - you made it work - FPC people, you always impress me!
  • I announced this morning that construction will begin soon on our basketball court, pavilion, volleyball court and outreach center. I cannot wait! Lots of planning and it is finally coming - your generous giving made this a reality - thank you.
  • Today's message was difficult to present - it wasn't the material (I knew the material) - it was the subject - not an easy one. Suffering is hard to explain, especially when so many of our people are suffering.
  • What are you doing to eliminate suffering throughout our world? I know I'm not doing much - God, break my heart with what breaks your heart!
  • We have some new microphones ordered - they should be in this week - excited.
  • We have some new lights ordered, too - they should be in next week - maybe a few new colors can tone down the shine on my head - probably not.
  • I've been listening to a couple of new c.d.s - Hope Rising (Steve Fee) and Epic (Healing Place Church) - great worship experience. I especially like "Rise and Sing", "We Crown You" and "Promise Land" (Steve Fee) and "Beautiful King" and "The Creed" (Healing Place).
  • I am so pumped about a new series that I'm beginning in November - I don't know the name yet - but it will be the most bold, clear, strait-forward presentation of the gospel that we have ever done! Trust me - people will either run to FPC or run away during this series. I just finished reading a book that discusses exactly what I have been wanting to say for a long time - it helped me to finally construct an outline for the series - excited and nervous!
  • I also just began to read a book that has moved me like NO OTHER BOOK in a long time - it is called The School of Dying Graces, by Richard Felix - unless you want your heart pulled out of your chest - DO NOT READ THIS BOOK. It details the journey of Richard's wife from the moment she discovered she had cancer through her funeral and beyond. I can only read a chapter or two at a time - it is powerful, gripping, eye-opening.
  • The Women's Beach Retreat was a HUGE SUCCESS! I have heard so much about it and how great it was - Lana had such a fun time. I'm pleased that we have a women's ministry team that cares about the women of FPC. Great job!!
  • Sometimes I don't believe that my heart can contain any more love for my family than I feel. Each of my kids is a gift from God to me - I am blessed beyond measure. Lana is a dream come true for me - I love her with all that I am and thank God each day that He partnered us together.
  • The colder weather? - Bring it on!
  • I've got a new cell phone - now, I just have to figure out how to use it.
  • Our Invite Cards look great - although one of the service times is wrong (8:00 instead of 8:30) - they look incredible - please go by and pick up some and give them to your friends - remember, leave a GENEROUS TIP if you put one on the table at a local restaurant - no cheap people at FPC - right?
  • Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment